Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Me Talk Pretty One Day 125-141


Another snow day. I guess that's cool because I can catch up on the work I have to do. I still need to finish Catfish with Lucy and Ayesha... I'm hoping I can do that this Friday. Then I have to babysit my little cousins over the weekend, we're definitely going to have a VCR marathon. I'm going to pull out the good ones like Quest for Camelot, Pocahontas, Thumbelina, Nemo (not Finding Nemo), The Lion King, Anastasia and The Last Unicorn. At five years old, these movies were my drugs.

City of Angels
Okay, well in this chapter David has one of his old pals from North Carolina come to NYC for a visit. She ask if she can bring in a friend named Bonnie. Well this "Bonnie" ends up being more of a hassle than anything fun. Shes loud, demanding and very very bossy. David wanted to show her NYC through his eyes but she just wanted to go to all the crowded sites. She was caught saying things such as "I flew 500 miles to see NYC and all I got was a milkshake and some damned hash browns, some trip this turned out to be." Finally he just gave up a insisted that she go find the NYC shes looking for because he obliviously doesn't know it.

A Shiner Like A Diamond
One day out of the blue David's dad called to announce the exciting news about David's sister, Amy. Amy was supposedly scheduled to be on the front of a magazine cover about NYC interesting women. Now David's dad has always thought looks were a big deal. Once Amy, his sister, had dressed up in a fat suit when visiting their father. Immediately Mr.Sedaris seemed upset and overwhelmed he even offered to go on a jog with her. In the end she revealed that she was wearing a fat suit and Mr. Sedaris rejoiced.

Okey Dokey Artichokey. Have you heard of that phrase before? My mom used to say it all the time. Shiner Like a Diamond is on my list for top stories I've read by David Sedaris is was really really fun. I enjoyed both chapter though. Had a nice chuckle or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment