Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Me Talk Pretty One Day 83-100

Well I'm still at home sick which is really lame. Plus my mother won't let me go to Lucy's to finish Catfish on Thursday...which also puts a damper on my day. Maybe I can persuade her. I have a severe case of boredom. Sometimes I just stare at my cats sitting in front of the window, basking in the sun. They have a pretty easy life. Sunbath, eat, sleep, etc... but then again everyday would be like a sick day if I were a cat. Life would be boring.

The Learning Curve
In this short story David mentions his year teaching at a writing workshop and the struggles that emerged. He came in expecting the class to be prepared and maybe even tell him what to do, but that was not the case they just stared blankly ahead at him.The only time he had put into the class itinerary had to do with his cut out maple leafs with their names on them. One student even criticized his smoking habits in which he replied most writers smoke. However that student proceeded to name off writers that did not smoke such as Jane Austen and the Bronte sisters. So the class went on being boring, everyone hoping someone else would break the ice. One student wrote about her previous divorce and titled the paper "I Deserve Another Chance". David gave her his evaluation of her paper in which she disliked. She ended up having a freak attack "Who are you" she asked over and over again almost mocking him. Until he gave up and gave a very honest reply "I'm the only one paid to be in this room".

Big Boy
This stories funny but in a gross way so I will not be going depth. Basically David went to the bathroom and the only Toilet was clogged. He had someone waiting for him to finish up in the bathroom so he had to hurry. In the end he realized a cool new thing about life. The end.


These two chapters were nice and I really enjoyed them I Like the names he picks for the chapters because they usually correspond. The one thing I like about his writing is that even when your not expecting to laugh you laugh. Haha. Just like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment