Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Me Talk Pretty One Day 60-82


Being sick is not fun. I think I have the flu because my fever will not go down. I'm actually starting to miss school...but I know when I get back I'm going to be bombarded with a bunch of homework. Oh joy. Lets go on to the book.

You can't Kill the Rooster
Another one of my favorites when it comes to David's short stories. I can't go into to much depth because its semi-inappropriate. David basically Talks about his brother, Paul. See Paul has a little bit of a potty mouth (if you want to make a understatement that is). He is a fluent cusser and seems to be most proud of his vulgar talent. To Paul saying the f-bomb is second nature. At first this really ticks off David because when he was growing up in the sedaris house, his parents would flip out if he said one offensive word. Not Paul though, he can cuss his heart out if he truly pleases. Paul has good attributes to though. Like when David's mother died, Paul was there for Mr.Sedaris cussing away.

The Youth in Asia.
In this chapter David talks about the Sedaris many pets. When he was younger they had two collies named Rastus and Duchess.  Rastus took of later on and Duchess grew old until she well...died. So the family bought a new puppy named Madchen however it was hit by a car. So they adopted a new puppy named Madchen II who was ignored for most of her life until she became older and need assistants. After most of the kids had moved out of the house, the parents got Melina the great dane. Now Melina was crazy she chewed up everything but the parents loved her. Sometimes David  even questioned his parents love for the dogs over their own children.

That's all folks. Nice chapters, Youth in Asia was kind of sad. I really enjoy this book and I'm actually almost done with it. Well I have to study so I'm caught up with everything.

1 comment: