Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Mathilda Savitch 1-18

I have decided to move on to a new book. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed David Sedaris's excerpts about his wacko life. I have actually finished the book. Yes finished. Without writing a single word down about the last chapters. So I am going to read a book called "Mathilda Savitch". Its about a young girl. I'm not going to go into detail for I need to read it myself....here we go.
Chapter 1
In this chapter a young girl named Mathilda Savitch talks about her need to be "bad" or "rebel" against the everyday boredom's taking place in her house. The problem has to do with her parents. They just do not seem to care as much as they used to. She describes them as being like a copy machine, "reading reading reading, their eyes moving like the lights in a copy machine." I wouldn't want to have parents that resembled a copy machine. She goes on about her want to cause chaos in a empty and unpleasant setting. Most of all Mathilda seems to fear the look that glazes her parents eyes, as if they secretly despise her.

Chapter 2
In this chapter Mathilda talks about her school year starting. I guess she was really stoked because she had her friend Anna McDougal in her class. She then talks about a girl named Libby Harris, who is in her class also...she has a "disastrous mole" on the tip of her nose. Mathilda finds this unfortunate for Libby. She goes on to mention basically everyone in her class and if she like them or not.

Chapter 3
In this chapter Mathilda talks about her sisters death. Her sister, Helene, was hit by a train. Not on accident though someone pushed her at the train station. That just makes the situation more terrible than i originally thought it to be. Apparently Helene a was amazing. She was full of life and...all. This is must be the reason Mathilda's parents are so sad. It makes me sad

Well I left a lot of commentary in the paragraph. Its a easy read not a lot of big words. I'm liking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment