Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pretty Much My Favorite Poet.


Jacqueline Bouvier, also known as Jackie Kennedy has to be one of my all time favorite poets. When I was little I was given a poem book for children and Jackie happened to one of the poets in it. My favorite poem of hers has to be "Thoughts", its amazing.

I love the Autumn, And yet I cannot say All the thoughts and things That make one feel this way.
I love walking on the angry shore, To watch the angry sea; Where summer people were before, But now there's only me.
I love wood fires at night That have a ruddy glow. I stare at the flames And think of long ago.
I love the feeling down inside me That says to run away To come and be a gypsy And laugh the gypsy way.
The tangy taste of apples, The snowy mist at morn, The wanderlust inside you When you hear the huntsman's horn.
Nostalgia - that's the Autumn, Dreaming through September Just a million lovely things I always will remember

Just reading it makes me smile. It's a happy poem.

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea she wrote poetry. So interesting to see--thanks for bringing it here. I love how personal your blog is--lots of fun videos, too. And I've always loved the B&W photo you have above one of your logs--the one of the girl smoking--it's by Mary Ellen Mark, a famous photographer. She had a show here at the art museum here a few years ago and I think I saw that image there, but I can't be sure.

    The reading quota is a little short here--only about 140 pages or so for the last three weeks, when we were looking for 200 or 300.

    ReplyDelete