Tuesday, May 3, 2011

"One family. One room. Four screens. Four realities, basically."


I read about today's family and our addiction to electronics. It was interesting I've never really thought about our society's addiction to computers, cellphones and Wii. Recently my little sister received a IPod Touch for her birthday and she is addicted. It's almost like the IPod is her only friend, the only person she can really trust; that's how much time she spends on it. But hey look whose talking, I find my self lost in the world of Face book for hours. It's horrible, kind of like going into a trance, I always feel guilty after being on it. A recent study shows that Facebook can lead to depression and that teens who read more seem to be more content than the teens who listen to a lot of music. We have been swallowed by the machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment