Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo 1-32


I've watched the movie so I know how this book ends, however I need a temporary book to blog about. Both my mom and dad have read The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo, and really enjoyed it so I thought I'd give it a go. I may not stick with the book because of my prior knowledge spoils some of it, but so far it's really quite interesting. It's by a man named Steig Larson, who has happened to pass away before he could finish the 4th  installment in the series.

The book starts off on a Friday in November. An eighty-two year old man receives a flower for his birthday, it's not just any flower given on a birthday as one may expect. The flower is one of many sent to him anonymously on his birthday for 40 years. Just a single flower. He calls over a police man that has been following the unknown case for the last 40 years, they discuss the flowers appearance but nothing really happens. At this point the reader has no clue, when it comes to the case about the flower they keep referring to.

In the next chapter we fast forward to Friday, December 20th. A man by the name of Mikael Blomkist has just lost a trial. In 6th months he will be sent to jail for recording false information about a man named Wennerstrom. He will  have to serve 3 months. We later discover that Mikael is a journalist of the magazine Millennium. Supposedly the information Mikael  had received to tackle Wennerstrom magically disappeared.

Nice, nice. So far not alot of action. I'm enjoying the writing style though. I know whats going to happen but if I didn't at this point I couldn't make any predictions. Yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment