Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Life of Pi 1-45


Yes, I know. I didn't finish talking about The Poisonwood Bible but I finished it so I thought it bore me and essentially you if I kept blabbing on about it like the the adults in Charlie Brown or something.

Life of Pi is about a young boy named Pi or Piscine. Now Piscine is not your average Joe his parents own a zoo and the family also lives in the grounds of the zoo. I know cool right?! Well he was made fun of as a child because his name Piscine sounds like Pissing. So the bullying was terrible but he eventually created a nick name, Pi , like 3.14 kind of Pi if you know what I mean. Anywho, he seems to be a very religious boy( I don't know whats up with me I seem to be reading religious books left and right). Hes so curious about religion so he tries to practice a couple of them at a time such as Christianity, Hinduism...etc. This of course worries his parents because he grew up a Hindu and now they seem to feel like he is abandoning their religion for other ones.

Well Pi seems like a interesting enough character. I seem to be saying and writing the word seem a lot today. weird its like when i was 10 and always had to start my sentence off with the word actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment