Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Poisonwood Bible 1- 45

This book is amazing, truly amazing and I've only read a couple of chapters! It was on the 1001 books you should read list so I thought I should give it a go and I love it. At first I thought it was going to be to intense for me because I'm not very religious but its not like that at all. I highly recommend it. I don't even know if I can write about it without bringing it shame.

It opens with Orleanna Price the mother. She talks about how her husband is moving the family to the Congo for a mission thing (I forgot what you call it... mission trip?) Anyways she seems to be a little upset when it comes to the whole ordeal and her husband doesn't seem to respect her or at least get along with her. Her daughter, Leah opens up the next chapter. Leah discusses the difficulty of moving. It was funny when they mentioned how they had to wear four layers because the luggage can only weigh a certain amount. She seems to be excited to go to the Congo, kind of like a adventure in her mind. We are then introduced to the youngest daughter Ruth May, shes five. Ruth May is kind of odd but its funny hearing her point of view. She believes that shes kind of like Ham the son of Noah from Noah's Ark. Well I guess Ham was strolling along one day and he found Noah drunk and passed out on the floor. Ham just started laughing and because of that his children were cursed and became black. Now that's a bogus story in my eyes, its ridiculous but its being told by a little girl so maybe its usually preached differently..I wouldn't know. Rachel Pierce is later introduced, she is the oldest. She also seems to be a little vain when it comes to her appearance she is  not happy when it comes to going to the Congo. The last daughter that we are introduced to is Adah. Adah is Leah's twin but at birth she didn't get enough nutrients so she has a disability and is a little slower. Shes really smart, well at least I think she is; she just can't get her point across.

No comments:

Post a Comment